Organic Maca Powder (250 g)
Maca, known scientifically as Lepidium meyenii, is sometimes referred to as Peruvian ginseng.
It is often touted as a 'superfood' because of its nutrient-dense profile. High in fibre and a good source of protein, calcium, iron and phosphorus, it mainly grows in the Andes of central Peru, in harsh conditions and at very high altitude.
Long used as a medicinal plant as well as a nutritional booster, Maca contains many healthful compounds, such as:
- Iron contributes to normal cognitive function
- Iron contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism
- Iron contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Phosphorus contributes to normal function of cell membranes
- Phosphorus contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Phosphorus contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
- Calcium contributes to normal blood clotting
- Calcium contributes to normal muscle function
- Calcium contributes to normal neurotransmission
For a new eattitude
Add 1 teaspoon (3-5 g) daily to juice, hot water, tea, granola, milk, yoghurt, smoothies, fruit salads or other foods.
Get a pinch:
- 100% raw
- Rich in iron
- Source of phosphorus
- Rich in calcium