There seems to be no more quintessential autumn confection than apple cake - preferably made from freshly harvested home-grown apples. It's really easy to make an airy and juicy apple cake with cooked cream and the end result is always fabulously delicious.
For the base:
- 150 g biscuits;
- 50 g almond flour;
- 1 egg.
For the filling:
- 200 g milk;
- 3 egg yolks;
- BalticVitamins Flavour Drops Sweetener to taste;
- 3 tbsp cornstarch;
- 2 large apples.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- First prepare the base: grind the biscuits and flour in a food processor, then add the egg and mix.
- Rub the mixture into a greased cake tin and smooth out.
- Prepare the filling: peel the apples and cut them into small cubes. Pour the milk and sweetener into a saucepan and heat it. Then add the egg yolks one by one and stir with a whisk. Finally, add the starch dissolved in cold water, stir well into the milk and heat until the mixture begins to thicken, then cool slightly.
- Place half of the apples in the cake tin and pour the cream over them, then top with the remaining apples. Place the mixture in the oven for 30-35 min.
- Serve the finished apple cake still slightly warm.
Recipe by Anna from @ediens_and_vel