Which juices to use to enhance the beauty of your skin?
As I have said many times before, beauty starts from within. A healthy diet is the foundation not only of a strong body, but also of beautiful and radiant skin. We know that drinking juices (in moderation and freshly squeezed) is healthy, but what exactly do they do for our bodies and our skin? I don't recommend drinking fruit juices as they are high in sugar, so it's better to eat the whole fruit or use it in a fruit smoothie. This time I want to tell you about the benefits of different vegetables. If you are not a big fan of juices because you find them unpalatable, then try adding flavours that will enhance them. You can mix different vegetables together, add lemon, ginger, herbs such as mint, a sweetener such as agave or maple syrup.
- Beetroot juice: Recommended for people with problematic, acne-prone and inflammation-prone skin. The juice is high in iron and potassium, which help purify the blood. It also contains vitamins A, C, K, folic acid, magnesium, copper and zinc, which have anti-inflammatory properties.
When to take? Between meals. The recommended amount is one glass a day.
- Carrot juice: Contains lots of vitamin A, which not only helps our eyes and eyesight, but it also fights liver, pigmentation and sun damage. Carrot juice helps even out the complexion. The antioxidants in the juice help fight free radicals, thus slowing down the ageing process.
When to use? Early in the morning. The recommended amount is no more than two glasses a day.
- Tomato juice: It is saturated with antioxidants, vitamins A and C. It also contains lycopene, which creates oxidative protection. It reduces skin discolouration, pigmentation spots and acne. It has been shown to have pore-reducing properties - as it controls the sebaceous glands, pores appear visually smaller.
When to use? Early in the morning. Recommended amount - one glass per day.
- Spinach juice: It is rich in vitamins A and C, which help to improve the complexion, smooth and brighten it. It has high levels of antioxidants (such as vitamin E) and magnesium, which helps fight free radicals.
When to use? It can be used in place of one meal, such as breakfast, or between meals. The recommended amount is one glass a day.
- Cucumber juice: It is known for its high water content, which helps to rehydrate your body and skin, and also helps the liver - thus improving the ability to eliminate toxins. It contains silicon, which improves the natural look and glow of the skin.
When to use? Early in the morning on an empty stomach. The recommended daily amount is two to three glasses per day.
Enjoy the benefits of autumn to enhance your beauty and health!Author: cosmetologist Kristiana Schnepste @kristiana.snepste
Leave a comment